On Monday we posted a short quiz.
We asked you to look at eight sentences and see if you could think of another verb or phrase you could use instead of ‘get’.
Here are the answers.
1. It was past midnight when we arrived / reached home.
2. I’m receiving a bike for my birthday.
3. At the end of the course you obtain / receive a diploma.
4. Can you fetch / bring / buy me a cup of coffee, please?
5. He became angry when I told him about the problem.
6. They were / became married in April.
7. I received / bought a newspaper this morning.
8. It’s becoming dark. Can you switch on the light?
By Louise and Joy